Pages

Friday 1 August 2014

Whales

WHO AM I ??


  • I am not a Fish .
  • I am a Mammal.
  • I have an enormous mouth .
  • I live in the ocean.
  • I am larger than 25 elephants.
  • The male is called a Bull.
  • The female is called a Cow.
  • A baby is called a Calf.
  • I have powerful flippers.
  • I swim in groups called pods .
  • I have a powerful tail called a flute.
  • I migrate to a warm water.
  • My ears  are inside my head under my skin.
  • My flippers help me to steer.
  • My blubber keeps me warm.
  • I can hold my breath for  up to one hour.
  • When it is dark I use my ears to find my way around in the dark water.
  • There are 40 types of me in the oceans.
  • When I jump out of the water it is called breaching which is a form  of play.  

      

 WHO AM I ??????

               I AM A WHALE!!!!!
               I AM A WHALE!!!!!
Today in literacy we were learning about Whales.
Here are 20 interesting facts I have learnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment